Support for people with epilepsy
Epilepsy Ireland can offer information and support on a range of epilepsy & employment issues.
- Pre-employment training -find out more about our Training For Success programme at IT Sligo
- Support on disclosure issues
- Information regarding agencies designated to assisting people gain employment
- Information on epilepsy for employers
- Information regarding Employment Equality Legislation
- Information on Entitlements & Benefits for those not in employment
Support for employers
For an employer who is interested in bringing people with epilepsy into the workforce or for those who have employees with epilepsy, Epilepsy Ireland can offer Epilepsy Awareness Training, which can provide guidance on issues such as:
What is Epilepsy?
A look at the facts concerning the condition as opposed to some of the commonly held misconceptions.
What is a Seizure?
Epilepsy is a condition that is unique to each individual. This section looks at the major classifications of seizures.
Do's and Don'ts
This section looks at the things people should/should not do if they are in a situation where a person has a seizure.
Guidelines on assessing the suitability of a person with epilepsy to undertake specific jobs.
For further details Contact:
Paul Sharkey, Training Manager