Epilepsy Ireland was established in 1966 and our vision is to achieve a society where no person's life is limited by epilepsy. Our work towards this vision is directed by the objectives of our Strategic Plan 2022-2026 which sets out our organisational Vision, Mission & Values - and the key pillars of work that we undertake to work towards this vision. These are outlined below:
Our Vision is to achieve a society where no person’s life is limited by epilepsy.
To empower all those affected by epilepsy to achieve their full potential by providing high-quality community-based support and education, raising public awareness, conducting effective advocacy and supporting research.
Our Strategic Plan is centred around six key strategic aims, which are as follows:
- Empowering people with epilepsy through support and education
- Centring people with epilepsy and their families in the work of Epilepsy Ireland
- Working collaboratively to improve the care of people with epilepsy and knowledge of the condition
- Transforming perceptions of epilepsy and public policy relevant to the condition
- Increasing and diversifying our income
- Demonstrating the highest standards of governance and ensure the structures are in place to meet objectives
You can download our Strategic Plan in full by visiting the 'Publications' section of our website. If you would like to get in touch or require any further information on epilepsy or Epilepsy Ireland, please contact our Head Office by calling 014557500. You can also contact our team in your local area - you can find details of our local Community Resource Officers by visiting the 'Our Services' section of our website.