It’s hard to believe that its that time of year once again, but we are fast approaching Christmas and the end of the year.
Throughout 2022, we have continued to work towards our vision of a society where no person’s life is limited by epilepsy by providing vital information and support services to people with epilepsy and their families; raising awareness of this condition which affects 45,000+ people in Ireland today; advocating for policy changes that will positively impact the lives of people with epilepsy and their families; providing information on epilepsy and training to those who may be supporting people with epilepsy in professional settings; and by investing in cutting edge epilepsy research.
We have continued this work thanks to the extraordinary efforts of our supporters and donors. However, as we enter the season of goodwill and look to year ahead, we are appealing to the public for any support that you might be able to give this Christmas. There are several ways you can do this.
- By making a vital once-off donation by visiting the ‘Donate’ section of our website. (Please select Christmas 2022 Appeal on the dropdown menu.)
- Sending cards this year to family, friends or clients? We have a varied selection of cards available to suit all. Visit the ‘Shop’ section of our website to purchase yours!
- Getting together in your workplace before the Christmas break? Why not consider having a Christmas Jumper day in support of Epilepsy Ireland and raise vital funds! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to organise an event like, or if you have your own idea!
- Will your Christmas night out have a non-profit beneficiary? Please consider putting forward Epilepsy Ireland. Get in touch with our team by emailing email@example.com if you would like further information about our work – or see the further information below.
- Is your workplace looking ahead to 2023 and seeking a new corporate or charity partner? Please consider nominating Epilepsy Ireland and get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information about our work – or see the further information section below.
- We all think of Roses around Christmas time – but did you know you can also make a vital donation of €4 to Epilepsy Ireland by texting 'ROSES'to 50300!(100% of your donation will go to Epilepsy Ireland. Some mobile operators charge VAT so a minimum of €3.25 will go directly to Epilepsy Ireland. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 014819361.)
Earlier this year, we launched out new Strategic Plan 2022 -2026 which sets the course for our work over the next 5 years and how we aim to continue our work towards a society where no person’s life is limited by epilepsy. It is an ambitious plan and is one we are determined and eager to implement in order to improve the lives of people with epilepsy in Ireland – but we need your support in order to make this a reality.
This Christmas, please consider donating or supporting our work in any of the ways lister above. Together, we can achieve a society where no person’s life is limited by epilepsy.
From everyone at Epilepsy Ireland, thank you and we hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
- To read more about the work we do, download our latest Annual Report from our website.
- Learn more about our new Strategic Plan by downloading the plan from our website.
- To learn more about how we generate and use our funds at Epilepsy Ireland, visit the 'Use of Funds' section of our website.