- Make sure you have enough epilepsy medication for the coming days
- Staying warm is important for everyone, especially those whose seizures are triggered by extreme cold and weather changes
- Keep your home heated as much as you can
- As always, be careful with certain heat sources such as open fires, electric bar heaters and gas heaters which can be hazards in falls
- Use secure fireguards to protect against burns injuries during falls
The Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland has today issued instructions to all pharmacists that they must inform women of child-bearing age of the potential risk of abnormal pregnancy outcomes when supplying sodium valproate (Epilim). This includes providing counselling and including a Package Leaflet and Alert Card with each supply of the drug.
The new directive comes after the European Medicines Agency's recent recommendations on risk minimisation.
Epilepsy Ireland is one of three charities that will receive campaign ideas from the Cannes Young Lions in a competition devised by the Institute of Advertising Practitioners in Ireland (IAPI).
FACS Forum encouraged by European Medicines Agency's latest measures
Stopping epilepsy before it begins?
Art workshops for teenagers with epilepsy
New genetic test can predict adverse reactions to epilepsy drug
Patients with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome improve after cannabidiol treatment