If you’re an adult with epilepsy living in the Dublin, Wicklow, or Kildare, we’d like to invite you to our in-person support group.
Our support groups offer people living with epilepsy an opportunity to meet with others who are living with the condition to discuss their epilepsy journey, challenges/ frustrations because of the condition, and provide mutual support in a non-judgemental space.
This support group will be hosted by our Community Resource Officers for the Dublin, Wicklow, and Kildare region – Carina Fitzgerald and Agnieszka Polak.
We look forward to welcoming you to this group meeting! Further details on registration and admittance to the group are outlined below.
- WHEN: November 29th, 11:00am – 01:00pm
- WHO: Adults with epilepsy, living in Dublin, Wicklow & Kildare. Adults with epilepsy who wish to attend this support group must have previously engaged with their local Community Resource Officer. Given the large geographic reach of the region, it is important that there has been previous engagement in order for us to best facilitate the experience for all attending the support group. At particular points in your journey with epilepsy individual, direct support from our team may be more appropriate rather than a group setting.
- WHERE: Dublin City Centre location – details will be provided by your local Community Resource Officer when you are approved for registration.
- REGISTRATION: To register or to make initial contact with your local Community Resource Officer, please contact Agnieszka (North Dublin & Kildare) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0858063959; or Carina (South Dublin & Wicklow) by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0858766587. Once approved for registration, your local CRO will provide details of the meeting location.
- FURTHER INFORMATION: Please note that an online support group will take place on the 28th November 2023. If you’d rather attend online, you can visit the ‘Events’ section of our website for further information. We would ask that people register to attend one or the other, rather than both – this will help ensure that more people get more benefit from the support group setting.
If you are from outside this region and wish to inquire about support groups in your area, please contact your local Community Resource Officer. You can find their details by visiting the ‘Our Local Service’ section of our website.