Our Community Resource Officer Joanne Lynch are hosting an online STEPS programme for parents of children with epilepsy - and if you're from the Midlands or South East regions, they'd like to invite you to join!
STEPS is a self-management programme we offer to help parents become the experts in managing their child’s epilepsy in a supportive, non-judgemental environment alongside other parents in a similar situation.
Over a 4-week period you will be given information and advice on understanding epilepsy, managing safety, understanding your child's needs, medications and the medical system - alongside so much more. The overall aim is to make you feel more confident and comfortable with your child's diagnosis to help ensure that you can support them on their journey with epilepsy.
We look forward to welcoming parents from across the regions to this event and would encourage you to attend to help maximise your understanding of your child’s epilepsy.
- WHEN: Beginning on Thursday September 28th; continuing on October 5th & 12th; and concluding on October 19th.
- TIME: 10:00am to 12:00pm.
- WHERE: Your home, via zoom!
- WHO: This event is for parents of children with epilepsy from the Midlands or South East regions (Offaly, Longford, Laois, Westmeath, Kilkenny, Wexford, Carlow, Waterford & Tipperary). Parents who wish to attend this support group must have previously engaged with their local Community Resource Officer. It is important that there has been previous engagement for us to best facilitate the experience for all attending the programme. At particular points in your journey of supporting a child with epilepsy; individual, direct support from our team may be more appropriate rather than a group setting.
- REGISTRATION: To register for this event, or to make initial contact with your local Community Resource Officer, please contact Joanne Lynch - email@example.com, 0858766584
If you are from outside the areas listed above and would like to have a STEPS programme organised in your region, please contact your local Community Resource Officer. You can find their details by visiting the 'Our Services' section of our website.