It is estimated that there over 45,000 people living with epilepsy in Ireland. Across their professional life, it is very likely that a person will need key information about epilepsy and what to do should a person experience a seizure. Examples of such professions include healthcare workers, education staff, community workers in both private and voluntary sectors, facilitators of extra-circular activities in the community and employers/employees who work alongside a person with epilepsy.
Being able to identify an epileptic seizure; understanding challenges that may face a person living with the condition; and knowing how to correctly administer the potentially life-saving medication, Buccal Midazolam is crucial information to know, especially when caring for or supporting a person with epilepsy in a professional setting.
Epilepsy Ireland’s one-day training course in Epilepsy Awareness and the Administration of Buccal Midazolam will equip trainees with the crucial information mentioned above, alongside much more and leave attendees feeling more confident in supporting a person with epilepsy in a professional setting. The course is split into two main parts and you can see the full course content by visiting the ‘Training’ section of our website
Following successful completion of the course, attendees will be issued with a certificate of attendance, which will be valid for two years. Should you have any questions about this certified training, please contact our Training & Quality Manager, Edel Curran, by emailing email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to this upcoming training session.
- WHO: This training is for Professionals only.
- WHEN: 30th January 2023, 10:00am – 15:00pm
- WHERE: This training will take place in Kilkenny Education Centre, Callan Rd, Wetland, Co. Kilkenny (R95 RH97) and will be delivered by Epilepsy Ireland Community Resource Officer for the South East, Joanne Lynch
- FURTHER INFO: Tea, Coffee and Biscuits will be provided but participants are advised to take their own lunch.
- COST & BOOKING: The cost of this training is €100 per person and can be booked via our shop on the button below.