Come along to a STEPS training programme for parents and educate yourself about epilepsy and managing your child's epilepsy and broader health & wellness issues. Meet other parents and carers to learn from each other and share experiences. The programme runs across 12 regional locations. Follow our events section to find an event in your area or contact your local office.
The STEPS programme for parents includes:
- Understanding epilepsy
- Managing safety
- Medication and medical system
- Effects and impacts of epilepsy
- Understanding your child's needs
- Education, school and learning issues
- Understanding challenging behaviours
- Positive parenting
- Managing stress and positive coping skills for parents
- Talking to your child about epilepsy
- Epilepsy and adolescents
Download The Steps Parents flyer here.