Epilepsy Ireland was established in 1966 with the goal of improving the quality of life of people with epilepsy in Ireland.
Today, we provide a range of services across the Country from headquarters in Dublin and via our regional offices in Cork, Dundalk, Galway, Kerry, Kilkenny, Letterkenny, Limerick, Sligo and Tullamore.
Epilepsy Ireland's vision is to achieve a society where no person's life is limited by epilepsy.
Epilepsy Ireland is committed to working for and meeting the needs of everyone with epilepsy in Ireland and their families and carers.
From 2017 to 2021, we aim to protect and maintain existing services and activities, while also developing in new directions to ensure we continue to meet the needs of people with epilepsy and their families in Ireland. We have identified six Strategic Aims which together form the framework for the Plan.
Our Strategic Aims:
- Providing support and information services;
- Communicating, raising awareness and advocating about epilepsy;
- Providing training and education;
- Undertaking and supporting epilepsy research;
- Raising the necessary funds for our work
- Maintaining best-practice standards in our governance, quality and financial management.
You can download a copy of the Epilepsy Ireland Strategic Plan 2017-21 here.