- Title: Front Office Receptionist/Administration Officer
- Location: Epilepsy Ireland Head Office, Dublin 12
- Hours of Work: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) 9.00am-5.00pm
- Nature of post: This post is a permanent position with a six-month probation period.
The main purpose of the Reception/Administration officer is to be the first point of contact within the organisation and to conduct themselves in a professional manner whether on phone or in person. The Reception / Administration Officer will welcome our service users, Epilepsy Ireland members and other visitors in a friendly, helpful, and professional Manner. The successful candidate will be pleasant, courteous and will have a positive attitude. The role is varied and involves assisting different departments across the whole organisation.
- To provide an efficient service managing a busy office reception and telephone lines
- To answer all general queries from members, service users and the public in a friendly, helpful, and professional manner
- To deal with queries and when appropriate redirect queries to relevant team members including taking and delivering messages to team members
- Forwarding referral forms to the regional offices
- Maintain a log of incoming calls and prepare statistical reports on monthly basis
- Meeting and greeting all visitors to head office and maintaining the visitor’s logbook
- Receive and manage deliveries
- Organise and manage stock of publications / materials in the office
- Prepare and send out information / literature / membership / fundraising packs etc. as requested by team members / service users / volunteers / schools / hospitals etc.
- Prepare postage & parcels for collection (including stock for distribution to our regional offices)
- Administration support including but not limited to typing, data input on CRM system, filing, photocopying, assistance with compiling reports and statistical information
- Process membership payments and enter on the CRM system
- Assist with basic invoicing and matching/reconciling invoices/orders for payment
- Preparing meeting room including refreshments when required
- Assist at internal meetings and external conferences / events with registrations, preparing conference packs etc.
- Keeping the front office, meeting room & hall areas neat and tidy, bin collection etc.
- Upkeep of office machinery - photocopier, franking machine
- Ensure sufficient stock of stationery, kitchen, general supplies etc.
- Participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with line manager
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, standards, and duties regarding this position and the organisation, as and when required
- Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably expected as part of the role
The successful applicant for this post will have:
- A minimum 3rd level education, a relevant qualification in either Business / Office Administration will be an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a reception / administration role, with some experience in the Voluntary Sector an advantage
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, CRM systems, and ability to use general office equipment
- Fluent English, both written and oral
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to listen and empathise with those experiencing personal difficulties
- Flexible, enthusiastic attitude and ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Strong organisational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, manage time and work in a busy environment
- Ability to problem solve, and deliver work to a high standard and to work to tight deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of the business of Epilepsy Ireland and all those involved with the organisation as staff or as members/service users
- Demonstrate a commitment to the work of Epilepsy Ireland and uphold the reputation of the organisation in a professional manner
Benefits to Working with Epilepsy Ireland
The post will be permanent following the successful completion of a six-month probation period.
- 5% employer pension contribution following the completion of the probation period.
- 22 days annual leave plus Good Friday & Christmas Eve (discretionary days).
- Annual leave increments after 5 years' service
- Paid Sick Leave - subject to terms and conditions
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Access to the VHI Employment Assistance Programme
- Joining a committed, friendly, and hardworking team
- Salary Guide: €29,000
Please send your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply for the position, highlighting your relevant skills and experience to Ashley Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org Please use the Reference (Reception / Administration Officer) in the subject line when applying.
The closing date for applications will be 4pm on Monday 5th December 2022. Shortlisting will apply and interviews will take place on Thursday 15th December.
For the moment, we do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
By applying for this position, you are giving Epilepsy Ireland consent to have your personal data stored which will be retained for the purpose of this position only
The role will be subject to successful reference checks and Garda Vetting
Epilepsy Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer