We are currently recruiting for the position of Fundraising & Communications Manager, based at our Head Office in Dublin.
Reporting to the CEO, the Fundraising & Communications Manager will be part of the organisation’s senior management team. Responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside the CEO and the Board’s Business Development & Sustainability sub-committee to develop and deliver a new multi-year income generation strategy enabling the organisation to achieve its strategic and operational goals.
- Leading, managing and developing the fundraising team to achieve agreed annual fundraising plan and targets.
- Managing and further developing the organisation’s existing fundraising channels including events, campaigns, community fundraising, relationships with supporters, corporate partnerships and third-party fundraising.
- Expanding the organisation’s fundraising activities in new directions, ensuring a sustainable, successful and diverse fundraising portfolio.
- Managing the organisation’s wider communications activities and campaigns.
- Contributing as a member of the senior management team to the overall strategic direction, management and growth of the organisation.
The Successful candidate will have:
Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role within a fundraising (or equivalent) team managing a diverse portfolio of activities.
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of developing and implementing an income generation strategy, with a proven track record of growing income and achieving targets.
- Experience in leading and inspiring a team, using innovative, creative thinking to achieve targets.
- Evidence of building, managing and developing key external relationships or partnerships.
- Experience of managing budgets and producing reports.
- Preferably, experience of managing an organisation’s communications function.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of the fundraising and non-profit landscape in Ireland
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with an ability to communicate with different target audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and influencing abilities
- Excellent project management, people management, organisational and planning skills. Experience in Digital Marketing an advantage.
- Excellent analytical and commercial skills to identify and target new opportunities
- Strong IT skills including MS Office; website & social media management; and CRM systems (experience of Salesforce an advantage)
- Strategic thinker with ability to work as part of the senior management team
- A results-focused self-starter with the ability to manage multiple demands, prioritise and work under pressure
- Flexibility to travel and perform occasional evening and weekend work.
- Full and clean driver’s license and use of own car.
- Motivated to work within the non-profit health/ disability sector, with a passion for making a difference
- Preferably, an understanding of and empathy for epilepsy-related issues
This is a permanent post following the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period. Terms will be competitive and commensurate with experience & qualifications. The role will be subject to Garda vetting and reference checks.
Further Information & Applications:
A full Role Specification can be downloaded here.
To apply, please send your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply for the position and highlighting your relevant skills and experience to Catherine Powell at email@example.com Please use the reference ‘Fundraising & Communications Manager’ when applying.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Wednesday 18th March 2020.
By applying for this position you are giving Epilepsy Ireland consent to have your personal data stored which will be retained for the purpose of this position only.
Epilepsy Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For the moment, we do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.