Epilepsy Ireland currently has a vacancy for the role of Finance Manager. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, budgeting and forecasting, monthly management accounts, year-end audit preparation; and financial reporting to funders & other stakeholders.
Finance Manager– Job Description
- Title: Finance Manager
- Location: Epilepsy Ireland Head Office, Crumlin, Dublin 12. Hybrid working policy in place.
- Travel: Limited/Rare
- Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
- Reporting to: CEO
- Terms: Permanent post with competitive salary.
- Preparing monthly management accounts including income and expenditure accounts, balance sheet and forecasts detailing the comparison to budget and prior year accounts.
- Preparing annual financial statements for audit in accordance with Charities SORP/ FRS102 and liaising with the auditors to ensure that the audit is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Completing annual budgeting process in conjunction with the CEO and management team.
- Preparing & processing payroll, PAYE/PRSI returns to Revenue, pensions and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) transfers to staff bank accounts.
- Completing financial returns to HSE and other funders, and regulatory bodies.
- Supervising accounting aspects of fundraising and income generating activities (including training income) and ensuring monthly reconciliations are completed.
- Maintaining and updating effective financial procedures and internal controls for the organisation and ensuring all staff are aware of relevant procedures.
- Maintaining effective electronic accounting systems (Exchequer).
- Managing cash flow and deposits and ensuring that financial and business risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Completing bank reconciliations.
- Managing leases, contracts and fixed assets.
- Recommending and implementing cost-reduction measures.
- Keeping informed of relevant changes in legislation; charity regulation and governance requirements.
- Working with the CEO and board to ensure full, ongoing compliance with the Charities Governance Code and the Charities Institute ‘Triple Lock’ Standard.
- Participating in management meetings and strategic/ operational planning.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- A professional accountancy qualification & member of a recognised accountancy body.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of computer based financial accounting systems and software such as Exchequer, Sage or similar.
- Experience of producing periodic and annual forecasts and budgets, end of year accounts and liaison with auditors.
- Experience of computer-based payroll systems.
- Ideally, the successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of financial management experience in the NGO/ charity sector.
- Knowledge and experience of working with the Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) for charities.
Terms and Location:
The post is a full-time, permanent contract subject to a probation period of six months. A full job specification is available for download at the end of this page.
The role is based at Epilepsy Ireland’s head office at 249 Crumlin Road, Crumlin, Dublin 12, D12 RW92. The organisation operates a hybrid working policy and will support employees in working remotely for up to 60% of their working hours.
Non-pay related benefits include:
- Annual leave - 22 days
- Defined Contributions Pension on completion of 6-month probation.
- Death in Service following 6-month probationary period.
- Continuous professional development opportunities.
- Time in Lieu for any occasional evening/ weekend work.
The role will be subject to Garda vetting, qualifications and reference checks.
Epilepsy Ireland has appointed Morgan McKinley as their recruitment partner for this role and all applications should be made via Morgan McKinley.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you wish to be considered for the post and where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position of Finance Manager;
- A comprehensive CV clearly showing your relevant achievements and experience in your career to date.
Please send your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com, using Reference 202208 in the subject line.
If you have any enquiries, please contact Leanne Barrett 01 4485674 or contact the email address above.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 23rd May 2022.
No enquiries or canvassing should be made directly to Epilepsy Ireland.
Epilepsy Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.