Title: Training for Success Administration Assistant
Location: TFS Office, Institute of Technology Sligo, Ash Lane, Sligo
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term contract to end 31th October 2020
Reporting to: Maire Tansey / Tara Smith
Terms: €13 per hour for 20 hours per week
Epilepsy Ireland was established in 1966 and is the national organisation working for people with epilepsy and their families. Our vision is to achieve a society where no person's life is limited by epilepsy. Our work encompasses:
- Information, training and support services for people with epilepsy and their families, delivered from head office in Dublin and 10 regional offices
- Education and training for health professionals
- Raising awareness and improving public understanding of epilepsy
- Advocating on behalf of people with epilepsy
- Funding and supporting epilepsy research
See www.epilepsy.ie for more information on the organisation and our activities.
Role Description: This role involves providing administrative support to the TFS Programme Manager relating to the delivery of the QQI Level 5 Training for Success Programme based in IT Sligo
- To assist the Programme Manager in all aspects of the Training for Success programme, including timetabling, recruitment, programme development & delivery
- Compile quarterly Statistics
- Liaise with MSLETB Community Training Office
- Liaise with the Training Standards Office in MSLETB
- Input results on the RCCRS system
- Liaise with External Authenticator
- Ensure the Specialist Training Provision Operating Guidelines are adhered to
- Liaise with the Examinations office in I.T. Sligo
- Assist with Peer reviews
- Procure office supplies and other materials and services necessary for the course
- Get quotations for goods or services as necessary
- To act as a resource, to advise participants of entitlements and direct them to appropriate services.
- To identify opportunities to raise profile of Training for Success so as to assist in recruitment i.e. meeting, media posters etc.
- To network with other relevant bodies and attend seminars/talks etc. which promote the aims and objectives of Epilepsy Ireland as it relates to Training for Success.
- To assist participants in sourcing work placements
Other General Responsibilities:
- To demonstrate a commitment to the work of Epilepsy Ireland and to carry out the work of the organisation in an efficient and effective manner
- To uphold the reputation of the organisation and represent Epilepsy Ireland in a professional manner
- To undertake other tasks and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Manger/Organisation
- To operate within the organisational policies and procedures and code of conduct
- Relevant qualification (e.g. Business Administration, Office Administration etc.)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an administration setting preferably with some experience of the education or voluntary sector
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Excellent general communication skills with the ability to show empathy and understanding and to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Flexibility and adaptability and to be able to learn and work as part of a wider team
- Highly organised with ability to self-motivate, self-manage and plan own workload
- High level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of epilepsy, disability, education or non-profit/ health-related settings will be an advantage
Please send your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply for the position and highlighting your relevant skills and experience to Catherine Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the reference ‘TFS Administration Assistant’ when applying.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 8th November 2019. Initial shortlisting will be on the basis of the information contained in the CV and covering letter. First interviews will be held in Sligo in November. The first interview may reduce the initial short list and remaining candidates may be invited for a second interview.
The role will be subject to Garda vetting, verification of qualifications and reference checks.
For the moment, we do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.