ROLE DESCRIPTION: MATHEMATICS TUTOR
Title: Mathematics Tutor – Training For Success
Location: Institute of Technology, Sligo
Epilepsy Ireland is seeking a Mathematics Tutor for a small group of students on our Training for Success (TFS) course based in the Institute of Technology, Sligo.
About Epilepsy Ireland
Epilepsy Ireland was established in 1966 and is the national organisation supporting and representing people with epilepsy and their families. Our vision is to achieve a society where no person's life is limited by epilepsy. Our work encompasses:
- Information, training and support services for people with epilepsy and their families, delivered from head office in Dublin and 10 regional offices
- Education and training programmes for people with epilepsy and for health professionals
- Raising awareness and improving public understanding of epilepsy
- Advocating on behalf of people with epilepsy
- Funding and supporting epilepsy research
See www.epilepsy.ie for more information on the organisation and our activities.
About Training For Success
Training For Success (TFS) is an access training programme for people with epilepsy based in the Institute of Technology, Sligo. Funded by Mayo Sligo Leitrim Education and Training Board (MSLETB), the 42-week programme provides successful participants with a QQI Level 5 Major Award.
First established in 1998 the programme also aims to help young people with epilepsy to;
- Identify their own personal goals and plan to achieve them
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Decide upon the career of their choice
- Learn about the nature and management of epilepsy
Epilepsy Ireland is now preparing for the 2018-19 term and requires a part-time Mathematics tutor to work with our students:
- To teach for approximately 5 hours per week in one hourly classes
- To conduct tutorials as required
- To assess and mark examinations and assessments
- To engage in the internal verification and peer reviews process
- To attend team meetings as required
Candidates must be able to work as a freelance independent contractor.
- Must hold a relevant 3rd level qualification in Mathematics at degree or Masters level
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience teaching QQI level 5 Mathematics
- Must be familiar with MSLETB and TSO assessment processes, procedures and regulations
- Hold a Higher Diploma in Education
- Experience working with young people with disabilities
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter to email@example.com. The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on 2/11/18. For further information, contact Honor or Maire at Training For Success - (071) 9155303.
The role will be subject to Garda vetting and reference checks.