We at Epilepsy Ireland respect your right to privacy. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this website. This Statement applies only to www.epilepsy.ie, the website of Epilepsy Ireland
Epilepsy Ireland will store any personal information collected from the website epilepsy.ie in accordance with applicable Irish and European Data Protection legislation. Epilepsy Ireland has taken appropriate measures to keep secure and personal information given by users of this site. Information will not be supplied to any third party, unless prior permission has been provided by the owner.
Type of Information collected
The information collected on this site includes:
- A user's IP address, which is automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are used to observe users' interests in this website (number of visits, etc).
- Cookies, which are very small text files saved to your computer used to track user navigation around a website. At epilepsy.ie, cookies may be used to store information on which features have been seen by a user. They are not cross-referenced with any other information such that an individual person could be identified. We use this non-personal data in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- E-mail addresses and/or other contact details which users voluntarily provide in order to:
- Receive information from Epilepsy Ireland e.g. e-newsletter
- Process membership/ donations/ purchases
- Request information from the Epilepsy Ireland
If you click on any of the email links on the site or use the contact or register forms, you will be submitting your email address to us. Information submitted to us by email may be retained.
Epilepsy Ireland does not use or disclose information about your individual visits to our web site or other information that you voluntarily give us, such as your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number, to any third parties except for the use of completing a donation or transaction that you initiate.
We may provide non-personal data to third parties in aggregate form. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the amount of visits to the site per month or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties.
Right of Access
You have the right to access your information held by Epilepsy Ireland and where necessary, to have it amended. To find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your data updated or removed please contact us at email@example.com
Links to other websites
This website contains links to external websites. Links are all clearly visible, differing from the regular text on the website. This privacy statement does not apply to these sites nor are we responsible for the content and practices of any of these websites.
Personal data is held on secure servers. While no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, Epilepsy Ireland has taken all reasonable steps to protect your personal data.