Epilepsy Ireland Smartphone Apps
NEW Epilepsy Management App For People with Epilepsy & Parents of children with Epilepsy
The new Epilepsy Ireland Epilepsy Management app is now available free of charge for iPhone and is coming soon on Android. The app aims to support people with epilepsy and parents of children with epilepsy to record information about their seizures (Including video), identify potential triggers and seizure patterns, set important reminders, send emergency texts, organise medical appointments, measure missed medications and collect important data on their epilepsy. For a short demo video, scroll to the end of this page.
Download for Android (coming soon)
Launched for #EpilepsyDay 2017, the app builds on the original Epilepsy Ireland app but adds a range of ALL NEW features:
- Record date, time, type and duration of seizure [Fixed bug March 22nd 2017 where some seizures were recorded on the previous day]
- Record features of the seizure - pre-seizure, during-seizure and post-seizure
- Create custom seizure types, triggers and seizure features
- Record suspected seizure triggers
- Quick access to the phone's camera for parents/ family members to video-record a seizure and link it to an entry in the diary.
- Customisable emergency SMS ready to send with one touch e.g. during aura stage or following a seizure
- NEW Set reminders for when medications are due to be taken
- NEW Set reminders for when prescriptions are running out and when emergency medications are reaching use-by date
- NEW Set reminders for medical appointments and save notes for each appointment so that you don't forget key questions or discussion points on the day
- NEW Tracking of missed medication doses and linking of missed doses to seizure occurrence.
- NEW Easy-to-review seizure details using colour-coded calendar and seizure log
- NEW Create visual reports based on your seizure diary to help your medical team understand if medications are working and improve individual treatment plans.
- Email reports from the app to your email address or share data with your medical team
- Key Epilepsy Ireland contacts and services
- All user details including login details are now stored on your device and internet connectivity is not required
The app has been developed for Epilepsy Ireland in association with Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services. Epilepsy Ireland is particularly grateful to the HP App Factory Team in Galway who designed and developed the app with us.
We would appreciate your feedback on the app and please send us your suggestions for future developments. Get in touch by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all our app users to back up their device regularly to protect their data. If you are changing handsets, make sure you take all your data with you. Click here for information on how to do this.