Page : [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] : First : Prev : Next : Last

15-06-2011 | Epilepsy A film about a Girl

Personal stories of how people with epilepsy cope with their condition have always provided inspiration and hope for others. » read more

 

9-6-2011 | Cognition in Preschool Children with Epilepsy

A recent study in Finland has identified that young children with epilepsy may be at risk of cognitive problems affecting their thinking and learning. The study carried out in the University of Tampere under lead researcher Dr. Kati Rantanen found that the age of onset of the children's first seizure is a risk factor for subsequent developmental delay. » read more

 

30-05-2011 | British study finds epilepsy prevalence and mortality is increasing

A new study from King's College London looks at trends in epilepsy mortality between 1993 and 2007 and aims to identify risk factors for death in epilepsy. » read more

 

27-05-2011 | New Hope for Difficult to control Epilepsy

While it is estimated that up to 70% of people may achieve seizure freedom, there is little hope for many of the other 30% who have difficult to control epilepsy, where drugs do not control their seizures. » read more

 
'18-05-2011 | Study indicates low birth defect risk from newer epilepsy drugs' image

18-05-2011 | Study indicates low birth defect risk from newer epilepsy drugs

A new Danish study, indicates that newer drugs used to treat epilepsy and other disorders do not seem to increase the risk of birth defects even when taken during the first trimester of pregnancy. » read more

 

17-5-2011 | Research identifies molecule that could prevent brain damage after injury

The debate over whether the 'KCC2' molecule caused brain cell death after injury or prevented it has been resolved. In an article published in the current edition of The Journal of Physiology, researchers have identified it as a protective molecule, which when reproduced artificially, could benefit those living with epilepsy, Alzheimer's or those involved in car crashes. » read more

 
'12-5-2011 | Genetic Mutation identified in Kufs Disease' image

12-5-2011 | Genetic Mutation identified in Kufs Disease

Research conducted in Australia has identified a gene thought to be responsible for Kufs Disease a rare condition that runs in families. » read more

 

3-05-2011 | Further Developments in VNS Treatment

Cyberonics have announced a new development in their Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) implant - the AspireSR. » read more

 

28-4-2011 | Channel 4 programme The Secret Millionaire featured epilepsy charity

The first episode in the new session of The Secret Millionaire was aired on Channel 4 on Tuesday, 26th April. The programme featured Sean Gallagher, an IT recruitment millionaire, who lost his sister to epilepsy 25 years ago. In the programme he explains how he found it difficult to come to terms with his loss. » read more

 

20-4-2011 | Irish study on psychiatric disorders linked with epilepsy conducted by Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)

The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI) and the Epilepsy Unit at Beaumont Hospital, Dublin have concluded the first ever study into the link between psychiatric disorders and epilepsy. The study highlighted similarities between brain cell patterns in people with epilepsy and those with schizophrenia. The research may lead to new treatments for both conditions in the future. » read more

 
Page : [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] : First : Prev : Next : Last
web design by ionic