Join Epilepsy Ireland
Be part of the TEAM
Epilepsy Ireland Membership
Epilepsy Ireland is a membership organisation. That means it is run by its members for the benefit of people with epilepsy and their families.
Technological advances in recent years have made it easier for us all to communicate, share experiences and form virtual communities but it is still important that Epilepsy Ireland retains a strong, vibrant membership base in order to best support and represent the epilepsy community.
Benefits of Membership
- Epilepsy News sent to your home each quarter with all the latest news, information and events
- Free epi-alert identity bracelet or safety pillow for all new members who join for 2 years
- Reduced rates at certain events that we must charge for such as the National Conference (most Epilepsy Ireland events are free)
- A say and a vote at the Annual General Meeting
- A say in setting the organisations goals and strategy
- Be part of a growing community helping to 'shine a light on epilepsy'
- Each member we have makes our voice stronger when representing the needs of people with epilepsy to the government and health services. Weight in numbers means more people listen on issues such as the Epilepsy Monitoring Units or generic substitution.
- Access to all information, support and advocacy services including our Community Resource Officers, Specialist Nurse Helpline and new(Our services are available to anyone affected by epilepsy regardless of membership status).
The membership fee of €12.70 has remained static for over 10 years and contributes only in part to the cost of printing/ posting this magazine and other membership costs. When you receive your renewal notice during 2014, we hope that you will consider it good value for money and a worthwhile investment in the future of epilepsy services.
Our recent successes:
- Ongoing service development including the Living Well With Epilepsy toolkit, online support groups and a new locally-provided epilepsy self-management programme
- Bigger and better public awareness & education campaigns helping take epilepsy out of the shadows
- Over €750,000 invested in top-quality Irish epilepsy research
- Regular training courses for health professionals and allied Health professionals
- Advocacy campaigns on generic substitution and epilepsy service development.