Epilepsy Ireland provides, as its main service, a comprehensive information service for people with epilepsy, their families, health professionals, teachers, schools, employers and the general public. Information is a crucial factor in overcoming fear and ignorance.
This service includes:
- Regular regional information meetings, providing an opportunity for people to discuss difficulties and explore issues around epilepsy.
- Telephone support from experienced nurses and an Information Officer
- Over 40 leaflets about the condition, its effects and management.
- Information on specific issues such as Driving and Epilepsy, Epilepsy and Pregnancy, Children and Epilepsy.
- A parent's guide (book + video) and
- Training for Trainers pack (+ video)
- An employer's Manual
- A teacher's information pack
- Epilepsy News quarterly newsletter for member