If you or your child have been recently diagnosed with epilepsy, we can provide you with a Living Well With Epilepsy Toolkit and support & training session which brings all your information and support needs together in one place.
Our Community Resource Officers are trained to support you in managing your epilepsy and will work with you to complete the toolkit. The toolkit contains:
- Seizure Management Charts
- Medication Management Section
- First Aid for Seizures information
- Seizure Diary - available for download see below
- Medical Team Section
- Safety Action Planning
- Epilepsy Information Checklist - available for download see below
- Resources List
- Appointments Planner
- Epilepsy Ireland Services
- 40 Page Information booklet with sections on Frequently Asked Questions, Healthy Lifestyle, Daily Life, Safety Guidelines and Information for Parents
- Epilepsy Wallet ID Card – for people with epilepsy and also for children to carry if their Parent has epilepsy
- First Aid for Seizures Poster – to be displayed in any suitable local location
How do I get a Toolkit?
We are offering the Living Well with Epilepsy Toolkit programme to anyone newly diagnosed and parents of children recently diagnosed at no cost. The programme consists of one or more toolkit training and support meetings with your local Community Resource Officer in Epilepsy Ireland. Bookings can be made with our local Community Resource Officers
Download the toolkit flyer and brochure below for more info.
This allows you to safety proof your living environment and make a plan to reduce risks that you have identified
You can use this diary to log your seizures and provide your medical team with accurate information relating to your seizure patterns.
This will provide you with a list of topic areas to check your knowledge against, so that you can seek additional information from your medical practitioner if required.