In order to raise awareness of epilepsy, Epilepsy Ireland engages in the following :
- Organising awareness campaigns through various media and radio & newspapers on International Epilepsy day in Feb each year
- Organising National Epilepsy Week annually in May
- Participating in Brain Awareness Week annually in March
- Awareness talks to schools, employers, medical institutions and other groups.
- Seminars and workshops where there are interested groups or where a perceived need has emerged.
- Epilepsy Ireland also utilises the media to raise awareness of epilepsy throughout the year.