News From the West
10 November 2016
Summary of Activities completed in the West during 2016
- 53 Toolkits were provided
2 Group Toolkit Sessions were run in conjunction with
- Acquired Brain Injury Services, Mayo
- Brothers of Charity Services, Roscommon
- 2 Adults STEPS Programmes were delivered.
- 1 Parents STEPS Workshop was delivered.
- 20 Hospital Outreach Clinics were provided.
- 6 Buccal Midazolam Sessions were delivered.
- 8 Online Support Groups were co facilitated by the CRO.
- 9 Local Support Group Meetings were delivered.
- 3 Paediatric Nurse Talks were attended by 32 people.
- 2 Adult Nurse Talks were attended by 63 people.
- 7 Epilepsy Awareness Sessions were given in schools to 92 staff.
- 4 Teachers Evenings were delivered to 46 people.
- 4 Epilepsy Awareness Sessions were delivered to individual organisations.
- 2 Family Awareness Sessions were attended by 13 people.
- 4 Information Stands were held at UHG, NUIG, GMIT - Galway & Mayo Campus.
- 130 people attended the Epilepsy & Autism Day organised by Epilepsy Ireland & Brothers of Charity, Galway
- 20 people attended the Family Puppet Day
- 90 people attended Mayo Information Sessions on Epilepsy Awareness, Memory and Entitlements & Employment Supports.
- Outreach Clinics were delivered in Galway, Mayo & Roscommon.
- 34 people attended office visits.
- Promotional work was completed with local media.
- 8 Service promotion meetings were delivered.
- 170 Services contacted as part of a Service Promotion mail out.
- CRO Participated in a research study being conducted by The Royal College of Surgeons on Epilepsy Care for people with Epilepsy.